Thursday, February 12, 2009

so the other day i done somthing that was a little different than the normal day. i went fishing, maybe thats what you would call it because it wasnt for fish it was for a cow. during the winter we have to chop a hole in the ice so the cows can drink. cows are not as good at standing in line as u might think. there is a lot of pushing and shoving. the ice around the hole gaveway and a few cows went in. the water was'nt deep so the younger stronger cows were able to get out but there was one old black cow that just was'nt strong enough, she was stuck. (enter stage right, the hero) i was in the field with the tractor and happend to be in the right place at the right time. i drove on the ice as close to the hole as i dared get and grabed the chain off the floor. she could stand so i got her to step over the chain, pulled it tight around her chest where a bullrope would fit and hooked the other end to the tractor. a little pull up and back and out she came. getting the chain off is a story that is to many words for my one finger typing ability. maybe next week.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Wade sounds like you had a pretty crazy day, I'm glad all the cows are alright. You really are a hero!! :) I cant wait to her about how you got the chain off. PS its times like those where you take your camera!! so we can all see you in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to hear the gettin' the chain off story. is it as good as the milk jug, hose humane slotter story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wade, I know there was a shovel in the picture but you know me well enough to know I couldn't do a damn tnhing about a freaking RAT! I am glad you joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Wade. I forgot all about that cd...glad ya liked it. I've got another one for ya..you ever heard of Hank Three? I think you'd like him. Alta's still kickin, can't believe she's five years old! Still skiddish as ever though. see ya around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I am so glad you joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to see you joined the blogging world - I have to say I am IMPRESSED! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete